Thirty years later, these images are fresh in my mind for this critical scene I am writing. My heart still skips as I read it out loud while editing. Train tracks still facinate me today. Then, I read an article about the Train of Death in Mexico. I can't afford to check this mother of a story for myself so I have created my own story.
If you don't believe in a God, there are still moments when you feel "the force" or a sense of peace. This could be at the beach, hearing a song, or meditation. If you do believe in God, there are environments which bring you closer to him. This could be through Church, reading the Bible, or exploring creation.
When writing, I usually start by taking a walk. I'm mentally documenting the environment. Is it cold and how does it feel? Is it cloudy and how can I describe it. Who is that stranger and what is his life story? When I arrive at my destination and I'm ready to right, I have this frame of mind that connects me to the story. Lately I'm back on the rails of the train tracks. I want to feel the steel and hear the trumpet. That gets me excited to finish this story I want to share.
If you don't believe in a God, there are still moments when you feel "the force" or a sense of peace. This could be at the beach, hearing a song, or meditation. If you do believe in God, there are environments which bring you closer to him. This could be through Church, reading the Bible, or exploring creation.
When writing, I usually start by taking a walk. I'm mentally documenting the environment. Is it cold and how does it feel? Is it cloudy and how can I describe it. Who is that stranger and what is his life story? When I arrive at my destination and I'm ready to right, I have this frame of mind that connects me to the story. Lately I'm back on the rails of the train tracks. I want to feel the steel and hear the trumpet. That gets me excited to finish this story I want to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment